A Better Home through Vaastu Shastra
A Better Home through Vaastu Shastra
5 March, 2018 by admin
It is often said that a house could be built with bricks and stones but it takes love and care to build a home. It is true that transforming a mass of earth into a living, throbbing space that can sustain life and allow it to flourish, takes more than the fancy degree of an architect or the skill of a mason. Yes, this transformation would surely take the collective effort of people that inhabit the space but it would also in equal measure, take the blessings of the cosmos.
If there is one thing that dumbfounds most of us, it is how grace, blessings or even fortune works. Well, luckily for us, a few wise men discovered that the flow of fortune and grace into the space that you inhabit is not as random as we like to think. Yes, these wise men discovered that within a given space, fortune and grace are negotiable entities. And what’s more, they codified these laws of the interrelation between space and energy into an entire science called Vaastu Shastra.
Vaastu Shastra literally means the “science of architecture” and like other works of science that arose from India, is a holistic text that pertains to every aspect of creating a space that one could inhabit. The basic principle of Vaastu is to create a balance in the environment to make the house a home where we can find mental solace and also have the opportunity to enhance health, wealth and prosperity.
Understandably, it would take nothing less than a qualified and seasoned practitioner to build a fully Vaastu-compliant space. But there are certain aspects of Vaastu that can be applied to your homes without much effort. We have listed down 9 such Vaastu tips for you. Please be advised that following just these tips will not make your homes fully Vaastu compliant.
1. A place of worship is a fixture in most Indian homes. Vaastu recommends that the place for worship be in the Northeastern direction. Also, if you are a meditator or even like silently contemplating about life, choose the north-east direction of the house as it is the most conducive place for the act.
2. According to Vaastu Shastra, moving water has the property of attracting positive energy. So it is advisable to have a small fountain or a moving water body in the north direction of your house. This will have a positive impact on the flow of finances. On the contrary, a still water tank must never be placed anywhere in the house. Stagnant water indicates a stop in the flow of money. So water must always be in moving forms like aquariums or fountains.
3. These days a lot of attention goes into designing bathrooms because we have realized that we, consciously or unconsciously, spend a good deal of time inthere. Vaastu suggests that natural green plants or candles be placed inbathrooms. They help remove negativity and bring brightness.
4. Place a statue or a picture of Lord Ganesha if your home has an unadorned wall at the entrance. An unadorned wall is symbolic of loneliness and, Lord Ganesha does a good job concealing it.
5. It is recommended that the furniture of your living room be arranged in the form of a square, a circle or an octagon.
6. According to Vaastu, a married couple should sleep on on a single mattress for a healthy marital relationship. It is also said that the wife should always sleep on the left side of the husband.
7. Vaastu strictly advises against placing a mirror in the kitchen and placing prickly cactuses or such plants anywhere in the house.
8. According to Vaastu, hoarding stale food, withered flowers or anything that is useless should be strictly avoided as it prevents Goddess Lakshmi, the Goddess of wealth, from entering the house.
9. Vaastu also strongly forbids placing photos or paintings depicting depressing scenes in a house. A picture or painting that is hung on the walls should depict pleasant scenes like a sunrise, an ocean, mountains, flowers or laughing children.
The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views or the official policy of the company.